Machine Quilting Unlimited’s 10th Anniversary Challenge, 10 X 10!
**Eligibility: The Challenge contestants must be at least 21 years of age, and must be legal
residents of the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec). Due to legal requirements in Quebec
and European, South American, Asian and other nations, the challenge is restricted to the
United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), except employees of Meander Publishing
Inc and Challenge Sponsors, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship,
fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion and/or their respective
agents, affiliates, subsidiaries and members of their immediate families or persons residing
at the same address. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE.
- Create a quilt with 10” x 10” finished measurements, including the binding, that refers to
the number 10 in some way. You could include 10 frogs, 10 circles, 10 log cabin squares,
the number 10 or the word ten … any reference to 10 will work!
- Quilts must be created entirely by a single artist and can be traditional, art, modern or any
genre that the quilter prefers. Just be sure it has 3 layers – top, batting and backing. The
edges must be finished by binding, facing, pillowcasing or another favorite method, not to
exceed the 10″ x 10″ requirements. Embellishments can be added, but nothing that extends
more than ½” from the top surface. No material that is protected by copyright can be used
without the express written permission of the copyright holder. A copy of this permission
must be included with the entry.
- Entries are due October 14, 2016. Each entry must consist of two photos, a full shot and
a detail shot of the quilt hung flat and square with no impediments. Please be sure to include
the entire quilt in the full shot, including the edge treatment.
- The photos should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
MQU 10 x 10 Contest.
- The email should include the artist’s name, address, email address and telephone number
- Also include a brief statement (100 words or less) about the quilt, its inspiration
and any quilting or construction methods.
- Winning quilts will be published and may be used for promotional purposes by Meander
Publishing Inc and any sponsors. By entering your quilt, you agree to these terms without
10 Finalists will be chosen and notified on October 24, 2016. These top ten quilts must be
mailed to our offices by November 7, 2016. Shipping information will be provided in the
finalist notification email.
Winners will be notified on November 21, 2016 and all winners and finalists will be featured
in the January/February 2017 issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited, as well as on our social
media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and others.
3rd Place -Sampling of 22 delicious colors from our ColorWorks premium solids
as well as one Tile and one Chip package from Colorworks!