The new ‘Inspired by MQU’ Quilt Challenge!
**Eligibility: The Challenge contestants must be at least 21 years of age, and must be
legal residents of the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec). Due to legal requirements in
Quebec and European, South American, Asian and other nations, the challenge is
restricted to the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), except employees of
MeanderPublishing Inc and Challenge Sponsors, and any other organizations affiliated
with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or
promotion and/or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries and members of
their immediate families or persons residing at the same address.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE.
- Create a quilt with 24” x 24” finished measurements (including the binding)
that was inspired by and/or includes a technique found in an article in an
issue of MQU – from any issue of the last 10 years. No purchase is
necessary – free articles from various issues of MQU as well
as Web Extras linked to articles in the magazine can be found
our website http://machinequilting.mqumag.com/web-extras.
Just let us know the issue date and the article/writer and why you chose
- Quilts must be created entirely by a single artist and can be traditional,
art, modern or any genre that the quilter prefers. Just be sure it has 3
layers – top, batting and backing. The edges must be finished by binding,
facing, pillowcasing or another favorite method, not to exceed the 24″ x 24″ requirements.
- Embellishments can be added, but nothing that extends more than ½” from
the top surface.
- Please, only one entry per artist.
- Entries are due August 4, 2017. Each entry must consist of two photos,
a full shot and a detail shot of the quilt. Finalists will be announced on August 18, 2017.
- The photos should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
subject line: Inspired by MQU Challenge
- Quilt entries may be used for promotional purposes by Meander
- Publishing Inc. and any sponsors. By entering your quilt, you agree
to these terms without further compensation.
- 10 Finalists will be chosen. These top ten quilts will be requested to be
mailed to our office by August 28, 2017 so that we can determine the final
winners. Shipping information will be provided in the finalist notification email.
Winners will be notified on September 7, 2017, and all winners and finalists will
be featured in the November/December 2017 issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited,
as well as on our social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and